Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kendall sick again?!

This past week was a different one...I didn't work and was home every day! On Monday, I kept Kendall home from Kristal’s house (my sister who watches him 3 days a week) since her son wasn’t feeling well. I went to the gym and took Kendall to their childcare, and I think he brought home a bug! The rest of the week Kendall was sick. He started coughing late Monday night, and Wednesday he was fevering. I took him to the doctor Thursday to find he had an ear infection and RSV. His ear drum was so swollen and red she couldn’t even see his tube, so it may be gone?! I am wondering if it fell out and that is why he got an ear infection…I think I’ll take him in this week to find out! After taking his antibiotic twice a day, cough medicine & Motrin every six hours…he was doing better late Friday night!! Cory said his cough was a bit better and his fever was gone! He is still a little cranky, not eating really well, and his cough is yucky...but the ear infection seems to be gone. Now we just need to get him over the RSV!!

Kendall not feeling well. Just fevering and watching "toot" -his Thomas the Train movie!
(Okay so we caved and bought him one more 2-pack! We have said that we wouldn't buy anymore, but you can't take away the binky when he's sick! It's his comfort, and it helps us sleep too! We promise this is it, no buying anymore...haha!)
.
.
.
Yuck, I know! But what is funny about this next one is that he didn't throw up because he was sick....he had a hair on his binky when he put it in his mouth. I saw him take the binky out and try to get the hair. I noticed him starting to gag, so I got the hair out for him. He sat there fine for a few seconds, and then bam...it was too late, it all came up! Poor boy! :)
.
.
.
Looking tired...
.
.
.
And finally off to sleep for some rest!
.
.
.
He had been sleeping so well that I didn't wake him up when it was time for more Motrin. His temp was only just over 101, so I figured I'd wait a bit. In only a half hour I felt like I needed to check him again, noticing his rosy red cheeks. Well his fever spiked and was over 104.3! So I rushed him to the sink to cool down!
You can tell he wasn't too excited about it! He did not feel too great! Thanks to my mom for driving down to help...and for going to buy a sweet new ear thermometer. We had a rectal one, not the nicest thing to Kendall!
Oh and thanks for my medicine too Mom...Dr Pepper and Oreos! yay! :)

1 comment:

Steph and Brady said...

Hi Kayti! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I am glad you have one! I haven't seen your cute baby! He is adorable! I can't believe he is so big! I love that blonde hair! What a cute family you have! I will definitely keep checking your blog!